- Training may be wet again this week…but we’ll take one day at a time.
- Some focussed SKATE Rollerskiing – Saturday
This Week…At a Glance
Monday – Zoom Strength w/Carl
Tuesday – Gallagher Park (By the outdoor rink)
Wednesday – Go medium length but go easy
Thursday – Kinsmen – Technique and Strength Training
Friday – Active Rest Day
Saturday – NE Bike Path (again!)
Sunday – Long “Fast” Distance – but in Zone 1
Monday June 27: Online Strength
Zoom Strength W/Carl
- Please register w/Carl to participate
- Click HERE to contact Carl directly
Tuesday June 28:
- Where: Gallagher Hill (Park) (Closest to the outdoor rink). Click HERE
- Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- What: “4 or 5 Stations Circuit” –
- Warm Up: 20min: 10min Z1, 5min Mobility/Activation, Synchro A-B-C’s etc.
- Work out:
- “4 Stations Circuit” (Based on time we will do 4 Stations – 4 out of the 5 below)
- 15 min per station
- “Ski Striding”
- “Double Poling”
- “The Ladder”
- RPE at 6-7.
- Technique: On Foot – Bring striding poles
Wednesday June 29: Medium Day
On Your Own:
- Distance/Recovery Training Day
- RS/Run/Ride 1.5 to 2 hrs at Z1 depending on your Training Plan and how the body feels!!!
- RPE of 3-5
Thursday June 30:
Strength and COORDINATION
- Where: Kinsmen Park – park near the tennis courts. Click HERE
- Who: Thursday Group
- Time: 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (Some choose to come for 6:00 pm)
- What: Coordination drills, and strength on RS plus Carl Strength
- Warm Up: 10min: Ski to East of Walterdale Bike path
- Work out: Technique followed by Strength w/Carl
- When: 6:30-8:00 pm (Some choose to come for 6:00 pm)
- Technique: SK RS and then running shoes
Friday July 1:
- Active Rest Day
- Complete rest – (NO training) or active/recovery training.
- I.E. go for a walk or light run or ski, but keep it very, very light and short.
Saturday July 2: Long Intervals and Technique Work
- Where: NE Bike Path – Click HERE for Location and Directions
- Time: 9:00 am to 12:00 am – NOTE the TIME!!!
- What: Skate – 1km Repeats x 10-15
- Warm Up: 20min (Include all 5 Zones and Activation/Mobility)
- Technique: Skate rollerskiing
Sunday July 3:
- Long, controlled Distance
- Consider doing something slow, in control, and long. 2 to 3 hrs at Zone1 (conversational pace – 3 to 4 on the RPE scale). Think about going fast while still staying in Zone1!!